Modernising African ports and increasing cargo and freight capacity to
handle more traffic
Africa is experiencing a major surge in trade with growing volumes of cargo across its ports. To keep up with the increase, government authorities across the continent are investment millions to increase its capacity.
With port development in Africa projected to grow strongly to meet this demand, new projects are being announced creating exceptional maritime business opportunities as ports strive to deliver world class service, facilities and efficiencies
As such, the 3rd Edition of the African Ports Expansion Summit will congregate major stakeholders in the maritime industry including govt. authorities, port authorities, contractors, technology providers, suppliers of port equipment, consultants, along with transportation authorities and more as they discuss their biggest challenges and debate best-practice methodologies from 25-26 June 2019 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Why you cannot miss this event?
- Learn about the latest developments for the Bogomoyo port worth $10 billion and its effect on the rail and road expansion projects
- Understand the economic potential of port’s implementation, expansion and modernization accounting for $22 billion.
- Understand how the top 10 ports in Africa are increasing cargo handling capacities
- Discuss with the key stakeholders on an integrated multi-modal approach for ports expansion worth $6.8billion
- Understand how to improve port processing efficiency from 24 to 6 hours
- Understand how the implementation of new technologies can improve port’s efficiency, security and operations
- Be the first to know the upcoming Ethiopia – Djibouti multi-model approach
Who should attend?
- Chief Engineers
- Director Technical Services
- Senior Dredging Managers
- Port Engineers
- Chief Engineers
- Technical Managers
- Head Mechanical Engineers
- Marine Engineers
- Directors Planning and Development
- Port Planners
- Project Managers
- Environmental Managers
- Project Directors
- Harbor Masters
- Port Managers
- Head Operations
- Operations Managers
- Terminal Managers
From the following industries:
- Port Authorities
- Port Operators
- Transportation Authorities
- Logistics & Shipping Companies